Saturday, February 6, 2010

Uploading photos takes forever

This is my host mother, Mbegue, with one of her many stuffed animals that decorate the living room. This one is a lion wearing a hat and a sweater, which is ironic considering the 95-degree weather here and the snowstorms in the States right now. She also has a Barney, Tweety, dolphin, and a bulldog with a cigar. 

This is Mas, my host mother's younger brother (so my uncle, oncle, tonton), holding another member of the stuffed animal collection. He is even taller than he looks here, and is often disposed to completely stretch out on the smaller of the couches in the living room so that his feet stick a good foot over the armrest. 

The two following pictures are of the Suffolk University - Dakar campus where the CIEE office is, and all of my classes are held. Its very open and beautiful, and most of the classrooms even have air conditioning. I spend most of my time here, which so far has been wonderful. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks really nice there. Aunt Sheila and I have been following your blog with great interest.

    ReplyDelete